CSNO’s Statement of Purpose
The purpose of CSNO advocacy is twofold: to promote the practice of the profession of the California Credentialed School Nurse, and to promote safe care at school for the children of California. CSNO advocacy efforts focus on training, providing guidance, and encouraging the individual school nurse to work at a grassroots level for the above purposes.
The CSNO Government Relations Committee (GRC) works closely with our Legislative Advocate to monitor legislation introduced in the California Legislature. The Committee focuses solely on those legislative issues that have the potential to significantly impact the practice of school nursing in California as well as the health and welfare of the students we serve. Bill positions are taken on behalf of CSNO by the GRC and are guided by CSNO’s Board-approved Legislative Platform.
CSNO LEGISLATIVE RESOURCES
STATE LEGISLATIVE RESOURCES
FEDERAL LEGISLATION INFORMATION OF INTEREST FOR CSNO MEMBERS
- NASN’s Legislative Priorities:
- Information about NASN’s Student-to-School Nurse Ratio Improvement Bill:
FEDERAL LEGISLATIVE RESOURCES
ADDITIONAL LEGISLATIVE RESOURCES
- American Nurses Association/California (ANA/C)
- California Nurses Association/National Nurses United (CNA-NNU)
- California Federation of Teachers (CFT) Legislation Center
- California School Health Centers Association (CSHCA) Legislative Advocacy
- California Teachers Association (CTA) Legislation Center
- National Education Association (NEA) Legislative Action Center